Dear ASOY Community,
In an effort to maximize the usage of ASOY facilities for ASOY Community members, the ASOY Recreational Center has made a few changes to its policies and procedures.
Effective immediately we will not be taking any new pool reservation for private parties. The guest policy has also changed as outlined below. The pool will be open for recreational use for all community members on the weekend from 10AM to 5PM on Saturdays and Sundays. Tables at the canteen will be available for reservation for up to two hours.
Community members may still have parties at the pool however the pool will be open to all members at that time.
Please remember to review the pool facilities rules and regulations on the ASOY website, (ASOY Community- Facilities) There are some changes you should familiarize yourself with.
Some key points:
- The facilities are for use by ASOY Community members. (Staff, Alumni, Students and their immediate family as listed in the ASOY directory, and US embassy badge holders)
- Members may bring up to two adult guests per family. ASOY members are responsible for their guests and must accompany them at all times.
- Children age 12 and under must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult.
- Clean up after yourself and dispose of all waste in appropriate receptacles.
- Pool Regulations:
- No glass
- No food allowed inside the fenced area
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty
- Shower before entering the pool
- No running, pushing, horseplay
- The lifeguard is the pool authority, you must follow their instructions
A guest is any non community member. An ASOY Community Member, as listed in the directory, may bring up to two adult guests on the weekend to use the ASOY Recreational Center.
- Cost of tickets: Adults over the age 18 and over: 3000 FCFA. Guests under the age of 18 are free and do not need a ticket or count towards the 2 adult limit.
- Where to buy the tickets: A Parent/Guardian can only purchase tickets at the business office window Monday-Friday. No tickets will be sold at the front gate.
- Guests must show ID
- Tickets are valid for the month of issue. No refunds will be issued.